Radio NOVA and MINI launch the biggest search for unsigned musical talent in Radio History.
Pictured Austin Behan, General Manager MINI Ireland, Niamh Farrell Ham Sandwich, Peter Devlin Radio NOVA and Dee Woods Radio NOVA.
Get Discovered with Radio Nova and MINI.
* If you’re making music, it’s your time to be heard.
* Radio Nova and MINI Ireland launch the largest search for unsigned musical talent in Irish Radio History.
Radio Nova and MINI Ireland joined forces on one of the largest searches for unsigned musical talent in Irish Radio History. The new music adventure took place over 6 weeks from 3rd May to 21st June and Radio Nova called on all budding musicians to grab a once in a lifetime opportunity.
The prize package was worth €30,000, an amount not to be sniffed at for any budding artist. It included music equipment, mentoring by leaders in the music industry, the services of a publicist and a marketing manager. Plus, this lucky winner got a full week’s recording in Orphan Studios with producer Gavin Glass. Radio Nova provided full support on and off air by publishing and play-listing the first single and even organised a few gigs for the winner.
The judges were picked from the cream of the music industry:
* Peter Devlin musician and songwriter with The Devlins.
* Sinead Troy, CEO of Yangaroo, Ireland’s new digital delivery platform from music to media.
* Gavin Glass, Musician/songwriter, award winning producer and owner of the legendary Orphan Recording Studio.
* Niamh Farrell, vocalist for the multi-award winning Irish band Ham Sandwich.
Austin Behan, from MINI was also represented on the judging panel. MINI as a brand is renowned for creativity. ‘We know what it takes to make a hit and build a fan base of millions.’ Commented Austin Behan, General Manager, MINI Ireland.
‘A talent search of this magnitude had never been undertaken before on Radio in Ireland. It demonstrated our commitment to new and emerging Irish talent.’ Said Colm Hayes, Programme Director of Radio Nova.
Semi-finals took place on the 7th and 14th of June and final of The Nova Discovered search was broadcast live on Radio Nova on Thursday 21st June. It was one of the biggest searches for unsigned, emerging talent ever.
If you think you have the talent and the prowess to become the Nova Discovered artist of the year all you have to do is log onto Novadiscovered.ie and upload the track you think will win! It’s that simple.